Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Studying in Paradise (Cameron Stroyan)




Today is my last day in Hawaii and I'm definitely not looking forward to going back to the freezing cold weather! This class has been one of the most fun and exciting trips of my life. Raja was a very cool professor and he made the class really fun and enjoyable. Being a science major, I haven't taken any sociology classes so far, but I found the material in this class very interesting. On top of that, the daily field trips made it an even better way to experience the material from lectures. I really enjoyed the Polynesian Cultural Center to get a taste of what it's like to live on the Polynesian islands. Every field trip we took was unique and entertaining! Since we had class early in the morning (8 o'clock), we got the field trips done with fairly early and had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted, which was a great luxury to have in Hawaii. Some of us went sky diving, scuba diving, surfing, hiking, jumping off of water falls, or even swimming with sharks! I'm very sad that the trip is now over and I would strongly recommend this class to anyone else!